Written about in Heaven

“Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name.”
Malachi 3:16

This past Sunday following worship, a friend came up to me and gave me this verse of scripture. There was an undeniable sense of God’s power and presence in the building that morning at Bay Community Church.

What an amazing thought, that God would write about us. That he would listen from heaven and hear our worship and then record it for remembrance.

The image that was given to me was that God heard our songs and was moved by our worship to him.

Can you imagine God calling the saints and angels over to sit with him and listen. Then saying to them “what has been done this morning in this worship service will be remembered and written about.”

I have been honored through the years as a song writer and have had number one songs as an artist. However, I have never had any honor that comes close to this.The honor of knowing that “God” listened. That God would remember and write about what our worship team and church sang this past Sunday morning!

May we never go to church and just go through the motions. Let us always realize that God listens, if we truly sing to him.

When you sing a song of worship, never forget that you are singing for God and not for men.

Your song can be heard, remembered and even “Written about in Heaven” by our creator.

How awesome is that?

6 Responses to “Written about in Heaven”

1. Connie smith says:

So amazing….

2. Rick says:

Absolutely so true…..indeed…. It is amazing at the power of the spirit of all followers when you know all hearts and minds are on Christ….. I have always said this……Watch God…Watch Bay Community…..
    God Faithful Freind, Rick Sheppard

3. Rachelle Dennhardt says:

Hi Mark,
    It is truly amazing that God our Father not only listens to our heartsongs, but also records them. I have been trying to get a hold of you because my first book is about to published. It is in essence also a “book of remembrance” It is written to parents, giving them the chance to record their children’s childhood memories as seen through their eyes. It is a way to record and remember for generations to come, the treasured memories that otherwise would be lost. I would love to use your song “find your wings” at the end of my book. I think it will be a good way to end the book. It says what our hearts feel as parents. Would you please send me an email to pdnsal@hotmail.com with a permission letter for the use of your song. Thanking you sincerely, and thank you for puting into words our heartbeats for our children. If you want a more detail of description of my book, please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Rachelle and Peter Dennhardt

4. John Ng says:

Great thoughts from another 3:16! Before He sent His son, He wrote! and the Word became flesh! Alleluia what a Savior. BTW, I might rip some of this off when I speak at my church in June, thanks!

5. Danielle Mullen says:

Hello Mark,

It’s actually quite eye opening to realize exactly WHO we are worshiping and to keep that in mind constantly. This is the HOLY God of Israel (and now to the Gentiles as well), the one from the beginning to the end. Thank you for pointing people to the right place during worship and reminding us all that whether we have a “good” or “bad” voice, a voice TRULY worshiping the Lord is cherished by Him.

Also, I have a question. Take a second to imagine yourself worshiping God. (Obviously it is not just when singing when we worship, but regardless). When you pray and sing, do you visualize anything in your mind? Do you see anything at all, or just the back of your eyelids (ha). I don’t mean that in a rude way, I’m just wondering if I should try to picture Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit, if I should picture myself praying in front of God in heaven, or what?

It would just be nice to know your thoughts :)

Sincerely,

Danielle Mullen

6. Margeta says:

I think it’s awesome that the Father listens to our conversations about The Word,Jesus is The Word.

Revelation 19:12-14 (KJV)12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.